Position: Information & Referrals Coordinator
Application Deadline: May 26, 2022
Send resume, covering letter to: [email protected]
DEEN Support Services is accepting applications for a full-time Information & Referrals Coordinator. Working closely with the Director of Programs & Facilities, this position will support the Program Development Manager for the delivery and development of our Recovery/Programming Strategy, designed to resolve the difficulties that individuals with developmental disabilities (IID) with complex needs face.
The position is responsible for conducting the program/participant intake process/registration and developing IID profiles, assessing participant psychosocial development/independent daily living skills and updating files. Support the development of new program resources/activities/program kits and the development and design of intake/data tracking tools within the Salesforce system. As an adaptable and flexible professional, the successful incumbent must be a team player with excellent communication skills to support IID, caregivers and families.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with staff to support the development of our Recovery/Programming Strategy;
- Conduct program/participant intake process/registration and develop IID profiles;
- Assess ongoing IID psychosocial development/independent daily skills and update files;
- Monitor and support IID as they reintegrate to onsite programming and adapt programming/learning plans;
- Support the development of new program resources/activities/learning kits/new staff coaching/support videos;
- Development/design of intake/data tracking tools within the Salesforce system;
- Track and update project performance measurement tools;
- Communicate with individuals and families, as necessary;
- Perform administrative tasks to facilitate accurate record keeping;
- Facilitate other duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience working in a social service environment serving the community:
- A college or university degree in social worker diploma or bachelor’s in social service degree and/or related post secondary education
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the social service field;
- English verbal and written communication skills required;
- A second language in Arabic, Urdu, Somali, Punjabi, Gujarati, or French preferred;
- Knowledge of disability issues, knowledge and understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy, community living and disability rights;
- Experience working or volunteering in a community-based, non-profit setting;
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; proven organizational, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work effectively under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce, other on-line systems, evaluation, and data analysis;
- Communication and problem solving; effective interpersonal skills with people supported, co-workers, families, colleagues, and members of the community;
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification;
- Previous experience working or volunteering with individuals with an intellectual disability preferred;
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with organizational objectives.
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] including the position in the subject line. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.