Position: Full-time Program Development Manager
Application Deadline: May 26, 2022
Send resume, covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in making an impact on the lives of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities? Do you enjoy helping others strive to their full potential? If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining the DEEN Support Services team! As a Program Development Manager, you will collaborate with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need.
Working closely with the CEO and the Director of Programs and Facilities, this position is responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of our Recovery/Programming Strategy, designed to resolve the difficulties that individuals with developmental disabilities (IID) with complex needs face. This position is responsible for the creation of a suite of new programming/learning tools and implement their delivery by conducting programming activities/workshops with IID. Incumbent will mentor/coach staff to develop staff support/programming tools to overcome IID learning deficits and develop our program offerings. Incumbent will develop video program/staff coaching tools/learning tools and conduct IID participant workshops/program activities, with the goal to increase IID onsite participation. Support the development of new program resources/activities/program kits. As an adaptable and flexible professional, the successful incumbent must be a team player with excellent communication skills to support IID, caregivers and families.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Program staff to develop our Recovery/Programming Strategy, develop staff coaching plan/resources;
- Create a suite of new hands-on IID programming/learning tools and implement their delivery;
- Develop and conduct programming activities/workshops with IID;
- Work in collaboration with other program instructors in the development of lesson plans; adapting/modifying training materials to meet the needs of individual participants;
- Responsible for developing program schedules that best meet the needs of clients;
- In liaison with our Marketing team, develop new program resources/learning kits/new staff coaching/support videos;
- Monitor/support IID as they reintegrate to onsite programming and adapt programming/learning plans;
- Mentor/coach staff to monitor IID progress/learnings with the goal of increasing participant capacity;
- Promote a clean and enhanced environment for IID, which supports their emotional and physical well-being;
- Attend and actively participate in supervision and team meetings.
- Track and update project performance measurement tools;
- Communicate with individuals and families, as necessary;
- Perform administrative tasks to facilitate accurate record keeping;
- Facilitate other duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience working in a social service environment serving the community:
- Bachelor of Arts/Psychology, Developmental Service Worker/Social Service Worker, or equivalent, relevant experience;
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the social service field;
- Extensive experience providing individualized supports with persons with disabilities with an emphasis on promoting people’s independence;
- Knowledge of disability issues, knowledge and understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy, community living and disability rights;
- Demonstrated positive experience in a collaborative team setting;
- Demonstrated ability to build a supportive, cohesive team;
- Creative and responsive communication and problem-solving skills;
- Sensitivity and respect for diversity in all areas, including age, culture, and language;
- English verbal and written communication skills required;
- A second language in Arabic, Urdu, Somali, Punjabi, Gujarati, or French preferred;
- Experience working or volunteering in a community-based, non-profit setting;
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; proven organizational, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work effectively under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, other on-line systems, evaluation, and data analysis;
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification;
- Previous experience working or volunteering with individuals with an intellectual disability preferred;
- Experience in group facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with organizational objectives.
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com including the position in the subject line. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.