Position: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Deadline: June 10, 2021
Send resume, covering letter and sample of your work to: [email protected]
Position Description: DEEN Support Services is accepting applications for one (1) full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator (MCC). Working closely with the Marketing & Innovations Manager and under the direction of the senior management team, this position is responsible for communications, marketing and public relations support for DEEN’s initiatives, events, programs, and services. The MCC is responsible for generating all online and print communications with a focus on maintaining the organization’s positive brand identity. The position requires expertise in communications, social media, digital marketing, content creation including graphics, photography and videography, and special event support.
Working within a disability rights and accessibility lens, the MMC produces all external communications ensuring that accessibility guidelines are adhered to. Provides key input, coordination, and implementation of the DEEN marketing and communications plan. As an adaptable and flexible professional, the successful incumbent must be a team player and on occasion, available to work variable hours including evenings/weekends.
Duties and responsibilities: Under the direction of the Marketing & Innovations Manager, creates, produces, and edits materials for communications and marketing initiatives; including website and social media content, printed materials, advertisements, etc.
– Researches, drafts, designs, and reviews promotional materials including the DEEN newsletter.
– Produces, schedules, and monitors social media content including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
– Assists in the update and maintenance of the DEEN website and blog, as required.
– Does Photography/videography for special projects as needed.
– Supports organization of all DEEN/fundraising/awareness raising events/activities, whether online or in-person.
– Provides input to the Marketing & Innovation Manager on approaches to improve or update DEEN’s public image.
– Ensures that all promotional materials are aligned with DEEN’s brand identity and accessibility commitment.
– Assists in attaining artists and designers as required and reviews/proofreads completed work.
– Participates in training, conferences and committees as required and/or approved.
– Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with organizational objectives.
Skills and Qualifications: Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, public relations, social services/sciences incorporating communication, policy, community development or a related field.
– At least 2 years demonstrated experience in communications and digital marketing.
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, graphic design software and a range of web and social media tools including extensive experience working with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, MailChimp, Canva.
– Knowledge of disability issues and understanding of the Independent Living Philosophy, community living, and disability rights is an asset.
– Understanding of diverse Muslim communities of persons with disabilities and a willingness to find creative methods for DEEN to connect with them.
– Experience working or volunteering in a community-based, non-profit setting.
– Demonstrated analytical, technical, and creative skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Competent organizational, interpersonal and facilitation aptitude and the ability to multi-task.
– Highly flexible, adaptable individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work under pressure, meet changing deadlines and manage multiple projects effectively.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.